Langdon Kids

Langdon Kids
The Langdon Puppet Team--Andrew, Matthew, Alina, Bridget, Kris & Sarah

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sarah’s Thoughts on Returning

I have had a few people ask me, Sarah, how it feels to finally return to Africa after 4 years of absence. To tell the truth I am quite, well…… I don't exactly know how to say it. It is a very mixed emotion, one part of my body says, this is crazy, think about this! You are going back to a place where you got very sick! The other part of my body is jumping for joy with anticipation, excitement, and the thought that I will be able to see the nursery staff and the friends I made in school.

Malawi is basically a second home to me. I can remember driving away with my parents and siblings and asking God, why are we going away? I was just getting settled into the normal way of living in Mzuzu! But after we returned to the States, I realized why. We needed to rest (even if it meant for 4 years), see the need for us to minister to people here, and also to come back together as a family.

And now as we pack, practice our puppet skits, do spring cleaning and regular house and farm chores, I know that we are actually ready to return, and Mom doesn't even get that frustrated with us kids. Maybe it is because we have finally learned to cooperate with each otherJ. But we are slowly getting ready! This Psalm is a good one to meditate on:    

Why
leap ye, ye high hills? This is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the LORD will dwell in it for ever. Psalm 68:16


 

No comments: