Langdon Kids

Langdon Kids
The Langdon Puppet Team--Andrew, Matthew, Alina, Bridget, Kris & Sarah

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Gift

One of the babies that we cared for was named Gift.  He appeared to be mentally disabled as he never responded unless you were right in front of him and sang and clapped.   Then he would smile and wave his hands.  We thought he must be deaf. The nannies wouldn't interact with him because they thought it was a waste of time.  I had to remind them again and again to love him anyway and talk and sing to him which they finally did. 
I didn't know what happened to him but assumed he went back to his grandmother.  I have been praying for him and hoping that things turned out for him.  For some reason, he had touched my heart in a way I couldn't explain. 
When we arrived at the nursery I asked about him and was told that he lives in Mzuzu with his grandmother and is a normal little boy.  It felt like another miracle.
We met with his grandmother yesterday and asked her to bring him to the nursery so we could see him.  She brought him today.  We expected him to scream as most young children here aren't used to seeing white faces and they run screaming.  We were in our car when we saw them walking towards us.  We stopped the car and he started smiling at us.  He even let me pick him up and he said, "hello."  I started singing a song that I always sang to him and he smiled the sweetest smile.  It was such a great feeling.  God does love the little children, doesn't he?
Gift

2 comments:

Jared Langdon said...

Wow! Praise God! That is so amazing. I didn't think he'd be a normal little boy either. That is just amazing that he's turned out so well. That is the best news I think I've heard all week. :)

Anonymous said...

That is precious - yes God LOVES children; we need to be more like them in many ways :D